Monday, March 2, 2009

Web 2.0

I spent quite a bit of time looking at the award-winning sites posted on Web 2.0. Several of the sites listed I have visited and have used through Learning 2.0: Bloglines, Technorati, Zoho Writer (where I am now), Flickr, Rollyo, and Del.icio.us.

Some I have actually used in real life: YouTube, Flickr, Librarything, Kayak (a travel site, but I think Cheapo Air is better) and WorldCat. My teacher friend has used Donors' Choice, a site for teachers to post their needs. Others visit the site and donate to specific teachers based on the need. (I love the idea and it has helped at least two teachers that I know.)

As far as social networking goes, and it seems like many of these sites are just that, I just don't participate in that use on the internet. I prefer real life as opposed to virtual life. However, I'm very glad I know about these sites and as well as a place that rates them. Cool

No comments:

Post a Comment