This was an interesting exercise for me. I spent quite I while perusing the award winners from Web 2.0. For me, this reinforced the idea that I feel like I not made to be a part of this on-line world. I tend to get my entertainment from in-person sources. I prefer a live concert, a conversation around the table, and games played with real people. Honestly, I don't think I am into on-line social networking. I'm sure this is directly related to my age and to the way I like to spent my time.
Still, I was interested in Lulu, the site devoted to publishing your own books. The reason? My husband had a book contract with Farcountry Press (a publishing company he's worked with before) to publish a Cache Valley book. Because the economy is in its current state, that book project was cancelled. Cache Valley residents would absolutely love this book, so I am interested in self-publishing. While I think Lulu is too expensive for this particular project and Cache Valley wallets, I'll continue looking for a high-quality, easy-to-use, self-publishing company. I'm glad Lulu showed me what was possible.
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment