Well, this really was a wonderful journey. There were so many things I LOVED about 2.0 Learning.
1) I could do it at my own pace going as quickly as I wanted or even taking off a week when I needed to.
2) I learned about on-line features I never knew about but always want to learn. Or things I never knew about and didn't know I want to learn.
3) So many topics are things I can see many uses for in the school setting (both class and library), BUT I can and do also use them in my real life. (Isn't it funny that, to me, school is one life and outside of school is "real" life? Weird!)
4) It surprised me that I enjoyed so many of the things we learned about...blogs, skype, wordle, flickr. Wow! I'm just not that into technology even though a librarian absolutely must be. I feel good about this.
5) If there was another learning opportunity like 2.0, I'd definitely participate. I see there is something called 43 things. I think I'll look into it.
My main concern remains my exposure on the internet. It seems like much of it becomes out of one's control. That really bothers me for myself and for students who don't understand privacy issues. But...this becomes one of the roles of the librarian, to educate about these issues.
Mary B.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment